10:30 a.m. to Noon
This Presentation will discuss the following topics:
- "Delivering the Promise" ... how to achieve the expectations of a successful coatings project.
- "Coated vs. uncoated surfaces"... explores the difference coatings make in prolonging the life of a number of different assets while also making them more pleasing to the eye.
- "Coatings & Design" ... The challenges structure design presents in coatings application and coating longevity.
- "What Can Go Wrong" ... The presentation will first define satisfactory performance, and then go over the most common early failures seen, rusting, blistering, delamination and cracking. Their modes of failure and common root causes, with suggestions on how to avoid them.
- "Risk Management: The Value Proposition of Coatings for the Infrastructure" ... The benefits of coatings in increasing service life and reducing the risk of failure for our Aging Infrastructure. How a proper coating system pays for itself from a Lighting and Utility Pole perspective.
- "The True Cost of Coatings"... the various methods used to determine the true cost of high performance coatings; going beyond the obvious price per gallon analysis.
- "Developing a Qualified Products List"... Considerations, testing methods and comparisons to evaluate products.
- "What NACE Can Do For You"... Education, Certification and Technical Committees
Presented by: Rae Marie Mattis, GPU